Debt Advice Bureau and Evident Quality Ltd (“We” or “Debt Advice Bureau”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of data privacy laws applicable to our Site and broader offering, including, without limitation, the General Data Protection Regulations (“ GDPR”), the data controller in regards to your Personal Data is Evident Quality Ltd. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (registration number ZA363617).
By registering on this site, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
How you contact us
If you contact us by telephone using the specified numbers on our website or advertising/marketing correspondence, your call may be recorded for training, quality and regulatory purposes. If you contact us via email, webchat, Whatsapp or post this information may be held securely by ourselves for training, quality and regulatory purposes.
How we may contact you
Unless you state otherwise Evident Quality, Simple Suitable Solutions and our third-party partners (including Insolvency Practitioners) may contact you via telephone, email, post, SMS, automated messages, fax and WhatsApp.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by completing forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, subscribe to our service, search for a specific service, place an order on our website, participate in reviews on our website or complete an assessment. The information you give us may include, without limitation, your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial information or employment information.
Information about other people
If you provide personal information about someone else, for example when a joint application is made, you must do so with the permission of the other person. If you enter into a service jointly with another person (for example, a joint Debt Management Plan), your personal information and any information about the service provided to you will be shared with the other person.
Information We collect about you. With regards to each of your visits to our website, we reserve the right to automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions and operating system.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources.We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, subcontractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer with your agreement. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies –These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical and performance cookies –These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor and all information collected by these cookies is anonymous.
- Functionality cookies –These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your previous home improvement requirements). Information collected by functionality cookies may or may not be anonymised, but they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. The functionality cookies on our website only collect anonymous information.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 90 days.
USES MADE OF THE PERSONAL DATA
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We may use this information for the following legitimate interests::
- To provide the services associated with our website and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- Verify your identity and credit standing to enable us to provide debt
- Assist in completing your application for an Individual Voluntary
- Extract certain information for the purpose of generating statistics for
our own internal purposes (including credit and/or behaviour scoring, and
market product analysis).
- Detect, prevent and investigate actual and potential fraud and related
- Develop, manage and market products and services to meet your needs and
to contact you for products and services that may be of interest.
- Determine your eligibility for different products and services that you
may be interested in.
- Contact you in connection with your enquiry.
- Update this website to better meet your needs in the future.
From May 2018, you will have a right to object to our use of your personal information for these legitimate interests including where we may use your personal information to create a profile to inform customer demographics. If you raise an objection we will stop processing your personal information unless very exceptional circumstances apply, in which case we will let you know why we are continuing to process your personal information. To have further discussions about this or to request changes or deletion of your data, please email email@example.com
We may disclose your Personal Data in the following ways:
Related Party Disclosures– We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Select Third Party Disclosures- We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Data with the following select third parties:
- Our partners who are helping in finding you debt solusion (i.e., processors) that have been engaged by Debt Advice Bureau or Evident Quality Ltd.
- These partners include Simple Suitable Solutions and CreditFix (Insolvency Practictioners)
- Business partners, subject to your affirmative consent, who may wish to use your data for marketing purposes. You may unsubscribe at any time via the link provided in our email correspondence. Your data will never be shared for this purpose without your consent
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following reasons :
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Debt Advice Bureau or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements (including those entered into with our business partner whose brand is applied to the website from which you accessed this Policy).
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Debt Advice Bureau and Evident Quality together with our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Our werbsite may, from time to time, contain links to and from the website of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, due to the nature of Internet communications and evolving technologies, unauthorised entry or use, hardware or software failure and other factors, the security of End User information may be compromised at any time. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information and disclaim any assurance that such information will remain free from loss, misuse or alteration by third parties who, despite our efforts, obtain unauthorised access.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, all information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
DATA RETENTION PERIOD
We have a data retention policy, which clearly sets out how long we keep data for, and for what reasons.
We will keep your data only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose/s for which it was collected in the first place, i.e. as set out in this notice.
If you proceed with a Debt Solution with Debt Advice Bureau then your information may be kept for up to 3 years. We are required to do so to ensure that if any disputes or complaints are raised, we have your information to enable us to address the complaints or disputes. Your information will be kept purely for business needs.
If you have opted-in to receiving marketing activities then we may keep your details for a period of up to 3 years.
If you have not proceeded with debt solutions through Debt Advice Bureau and not opted in for marketing activities, then we will keep your data for no longer than 1 year
Following the periods set out above, we will not use the data, save that we will hash/anonymise the same, and retain it for a further 2 years for compliance purposes.
POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
Debt Advice Bureau does not knowingly collect personal information from minors who are under the age of 16 through the websites and/or the services. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without his/her consent, then he or she should contact Debt Advice Bureau at the address described below. If we become aware that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personally identifiable information, We will delete such information from our files.
Applicable privacy regulations (e.g. GDPR) give you certain rights in regards to the Personal Data We collect about you. Those rights include the following:
- To request from us access to Personal Data We may hold on you;
- To request the rectification of Personal Data;
- To impose restrictions on, or otherwise object to, processing your Personal Data;
- Data portability;
- Right to be forgotten (i.e. deletion right)
If you request that your Personal Data be deleted before a service transaction is complete, we may not be able to provide that service.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. we will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third parties for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, where applicable. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Advice@DebtAdviceBureau.org.uk
In addition, we expressly reserve the right to delay or otherwise deny any such request that you submit to us if said request would result in a violation of applicable laws and regulations, or otherwise adversely affect any legitimate interest we seek to assert.
Any changes We may make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, we will notify you via email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this policy.
INQUIRIES & CONCERNS